I have always wanted to do a photo book and we are going to undertake to do just that. We are also going to try and crowd source it for the costs of it. Here is the concept.
1. Take a city…say, St. Louis.
2. Photograph some happening each hour of a day across a single season, say…autumn. Since its 3 months, I have time to capture all 24 hours of it.
3. Write about each happening, but mostly, have amazing photography for each hour.
4. Repeat for Winter, Spring, Summer.
5. Take photos of the first event I started with again.
6. Publish a pdf to source crowders at the end.
7. Give books to those who really helped.
8. Sell the hell out of it at everyplace I can.
Sounds easy huh? What if I asked your for your input? What if I let really large donors pick a favorite hour?
More to come on this as I go, including the crowd sourcing opportunities. I will also be reporting on our efforts each step of the way. I look forward to having you with us when we kick this thing off October 1 and 2 at the Pedal the Cause cycling event – cause thats the date I chose.